Saturday, December 24, 2011

Proxxon PD400 To Arrive Next Thursday?

Mike whatsapp me yesterday that the lathe I ordered sometime in September may reached our shore next Thursday. It is now ready and is over at the port in Germany waiting for Mike's forwarder. If the forwarder didn't manage to get the lathe out by 2.30pm yesterday, it'll have to be after Christmas.

The specs of the lathe, taken from Axminster's website:

Model: PD 400
Centre Height: 85mm
Cross Slide Travel: 85mm
Distance Between Centres: 400mm
Taper Headstock: 3MT
Height Over Cross Slide: 58mm
Spindle Bore: 20.5mm
Nett Weight: 45kg
Overall L x W x H: 900 x 400 x 300mm
Power: 550W
Rating: Trade
Spindle Speed: (6) 80 - 2,800rpm
Taper Tailstock: 2MT
Thread Pitch Range: 0.2 - 3.0mm (10 - 48tpi)
Top Slide Travel: 55mm

Frankly, the excitement I had when ordering is now very much muted. The wait, to me, is rather long. Let's hope it's worth the while.

I'll do up an instalment on unboxing when I get it. Meanwhile, I have to find a suitable workbench for it.

No comments: