Friday, January 27, 2012

You've got mail...

The book "The Model Engineers Workshop Manual" by George H Thomas and the Set-Over Centre finally reached me this afternoon.


The book came recommended by the good folks from MadModder forum for beginning hobby machinists. The Set-Over Centre is a lathe setup tool for use on the tailstock to allow the stock to be offset for taper turning. It came as a kit with construction notes and raw materials to make one.

Both were purchased from Hemingway Kits in UK on Jan 8 night, which was a Sunday. I believe the delay was due to the lunar new year holiday.

I bought the Knurling Tool in kit form from Hemingway some time back. It is still sitting in the yet to be built project box. I'll get to that when I'm ready.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: