Saturday, March 10, 2012

Drawbar for the ER32 collet chuck

While putting on my working attire this morning, I removed the lathe chuck and put on the ER32 collet chuck to determine the length required for the M12 drawbar. Planning to make a trip to Kelantan Lane to buy some long M12 bolts and cap screws during lunch.

A piece of steel rod inserted to roughly mark the length from the back of the collet chuck to the edge of the spindle end. It measures around 125mm.
I went out to pack lunch for my colleagues and took the opportunity to pick up these.

3 lengths each of M12 bolts and socket head cap screw of 150mm, 180mm, and 200mm.

Too tired to do anything in the shop tonight. Will spend a little time tomorrow testing which piece will work. If time permits, I'll machine a drawbar washer to go along. Won't be able to do much as I'll be on duty tomorrow till 6pm.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: