Wednesday, January 11, 2012

PD400 - Threading Done!

This post also act as a test using BlogPress as I lost a completed post done this morning with my update of the threading problem encountered yesterday night.

While sitting on my great white throne, I recalled having a set of taps & dies which I bought 2 years ago. This made in India set has dies that have a slit that can be opened slightly using a screw in the die holder. The Japanese set I bought don't have that.

The workpiece was clamped in the Proxxon Primus vise and the M8 die applied to it.


Lots of chips produced in the process and some force needed. That should mean that I didn't cut the thread deep enough.


It works! Now I've my own brand of steel bolt!

In my next session, I'll drill the hole for the tommy bar on the mill. Won't be doing any work tonight. Am still not home...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: