Saturday, July 16, 2011

The axle project continues...

I've just gotten out of kelantan lane with more stainless steel pins. After the many trials I did, I've left with insufficient raw material to finish the job.

We are throwing a small birthday party for my little girl who is turning 8 next Thursday. The event will start at about 5. I should have some time to finish up a few more pieces. Tomorrow is a full working day for me. Won't be able to do any work.

A Mr Ho contacted me yesterday via Daddyhobby's pm. He is looking for someone to cut some holes and slots for 16 ABS boxes. I was told that they are for some circuit boards. I hesitated for a while as, you all know, I've very little shop time due to my work as a legal loan shark. But the thought of being able to try creating a simple jigs for small quantity production work is enticing. The time line of 2 to 3 weeks is a little scary. As much as I want to spend more time playing, I'm often left with a couple of hours once to at most 2 times per week.

I'll have to finish up the job I promised Dennis before starting this. Ive leant a lot from making the axles for Dennis. This, in itself, is the greatest reward.

Let's see how things turn out.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: